"Vorlon" font ref sheet + resources
Click Download for an .rar containing:
- the .jpeg font ref sheet
- all viable characters in .png
- Original .ttf font, "Vorlon" by Mike H. Lee et al.
Use this as a reference for study, etc. As this is a charityware screen font (not a vector image font), just the layout
and its template components are under copyright.
- Adobe Illustrator CS2
- Mike H. Lee's scriptographic study & rendering: "Vorlon" Babylon 5 Warner bros. font.
- freeware dl @ Tommy of Escondino's Alien Fonts
, a great collection. Includes Star Wars, Stargate & Dune.
the Vorlon B5 Warner bros. font. This font is based on the lettering used in the Babylon Five tv show. The original version of the font was based only on bits and pieces from various episodes.
The code for the Vorlon comes from the season 4 trading cards (USA). So far the code works for the (UK) Babylon 5 Magazine & the (USA) game Babylon 5 wars and (USA) Official B5 Calendar (1998).
1) The font is canon A thru Z.
2) The Numbersign# is the symbol of the Vorlon Empire, the Asterisk* and Exclamation! are symbols seen on their ships.
3) I have no idea which direction Vorlon is written, lets just say left to right for now.
4) No Earth numbers had been converted into Vorlon from the cards, so I added them using Vorlon characters (the letters) as a base for the design. I will add the numbers into the font when and if I receive them.
Michael Lee 4-10-98
For: Catalytic Deviance
Welcome to the Catalytic Deviance
reference compendium. Aside from creative writings, you will find resources for:
- Literature studies
- Myths & Legends
- Writing Systems:
- Typography - layout & design of type & fonts
, the study of message secrecy. In modern times, it has become a branch of information theory, as the mathematical study of information and especially its transmission from place to place.
, which defines the set of symbols (glyphs and diacritics) used to write a language, as well as the set of rules describing how to write these symbols, including spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.